Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bad Toe


When my first daughter was about 4 months old, I fell asleep while holding her. I woke up running a little late getting to the Wednesday night Stow ride. Stumbling from the chair, I fully caught my pinky toe on the door jam. It didn't really stub as much as pull away from the rest of my foot. Of course, I went on the ride.

So, in the interim from that moment till Monday morning, I was very careful about not making the same mistake twice. In some ways, I have been living in fear.

Monday morning, I was getting ready to go for a ride. I happened to clip a pair of shoes that were on the floor, resulting in the carnage that you see here. I didn't hit it hard, but obviously enough to cause some considerable pain and discoloration. I can only conclude that I have a very bad toe.

After falling to the floor, I was able to collect myself enough to go on the ride (which was very nice). But, here is the aftermath. No running for this week.

4 comments:

trackrich said...

That's gross dude.

Heal up... cross doesn't end for another 5 weeks.

GCDavid said...

No worries. I'll be out there on Sunday.

Bad Brad said...

Do racers shave their toes/feet?? I have a hairy upper foot that looks kinda funny with my silky smooth legs...

Dmullen said...

Nose to toes Brad, Nose to Toes.